Image credit: AWS
Want to plan a Super Bowl party? Are you ready for some football? Yup, it's that time of year again and with the Super Bowl right around the corner, now's the time to plan the best Super Bowl party.
Whether you're having a church party and showing the game on your big screen TV or you're planning a touchdown party from the comforts of home, use these fun ideas to enjoy the day and bring Jesus to the game. He knows all the plays...
Check out our fun starting line-up list that includes great ways to have a SUPER Super Bowl, then scroll down for each item below:
- Our Football Prayer
- Best Football Apps and Game Day Prep
- Awesome Ministry Handouts, Gifts, and Freebies
- Super Easy Game Day Food Ideas for Your Super Bowl Party
- Great Game Day Decorations
Our Football Prayer
Father God in the name of Jesus, we keep all players, staff, coaches, family members, fans, cheering squads, workers, those traveling to and from the games, those working with the teams and all those at the game and helping in game day preparations in prayer. Lord, please give everyone traveling grace and mercy, and your covering over the stadiums and all areas where people are assembling to watch the games. Protect the roads, bridges, and airports for everyone traveling to game day celebrations. Please cover, bless and keep every player, Lord. Bless and cover their helmets, cover them head to toe, and we pray don't let there be any injuries and let it be a safe game, Father. We pray no injuries for those in the crowds and those in the stands. We pray no injuries with game day prep and those traveling. We pray there is no fighting in crowds, no rowdy drunkenness, no pushing and no shoving. We pray there are no illnesses or food poisoning. We rebuke the flu and coronavirus, Lord, no harm shall come near our dwelling places and no evil shall befall us. We pray, please give everyone safe travels with their game day parties and with all food preparation (especially with meats, eggs and mayo). We pray for all the workers helping and the crowds attending. We rebuke the devil of fighting in crowds and acts of violence in Jesus's name. If there's any altercation or anything planned by the enemy, Lord, we pray let law enforcement stop it in time and we cancel the devil's assignment in Jesus's name. We pray for all police officers, EMTs and all fire, rescue and medical personnel, Lord. Please keep them all safe and let today be incident-free. We pray for the awesomest game ever and your covering and safety for all, in Jesus's mighty name and by God's authority, Amen.
Let's start with the game day apps while you're waiting for the game to begin...
Best Football Apps and Game Day Prep
So you're having a party. For starters, you want to have the best football apps for all the coverage.
Check out great apps like:
- NFL Mobile
- The Score
- Yahoo Sports
- Pro Football Insider
- Bleacher Reports
- Your Own Favorite Team's App (Check Their Site)
Ready to order game day banners, cards or other supplies? Click the link or image above for game day supplies.
Use Code: GameDay10 for 10% off your order at checkout. No flag on this play!
Next, if you're getting ready for game day, prepare in advance so there won't be any game day mishaps.
Use these pointers to help:
- Call the cable company for the highest internet package: This can help for friends and family who want to surf the net during the commercials or if they want to stream live action replays and on the field interviews. Be sure to call early to have any "kinks" worked out before game day.
- Let the neighbors know: No one wants to have a game party spoiled by neighbors calling the police. Invite your neighbors and let them know an E.T.A. when you will expect your party to end. That way there's less likelihood they will complain.
- Factor in food allergies and other precautions: You may have guests with nut allergies or other food allergies, so be mindful of this. Also factor in food for those that are gluten-free, lactose intolerant, GMO-free and vegetarian. Shop for easy foods that everyone can enjoy like loose fruit, veggies, nuts, and add vegetarian options if you need to. There are great vegan buffalo wings and veggie burgers, so check with your guests. If you have guests with severe allergies, let them bring their own food and store it separately.
- Take precautions against the flu and coronavirus: Consider individual serving sizes and cover all chips, dips, snacks, and drinks. Use tongs for all chips and spoons for candy. A napkin over a drink or saran wrap and a straw is not offensive especially with flu season and the newly released coronavirus. We know that no weapons formed against us shall prosper. Keep hand sanitizers available near all food areas, wipe down counters, remote controls, and bathrooms after each use, and offer cough drops or mints to any coughing guests.
- Have the game on in multiple rooms: If you have more than one TV, set the channels to the game and use a tablet in the bathroom. Just like at the big stadium, you want your hungry fans to wash their hands and not miss a thing.
- Load up on hand sanitizer, soap, paper towels, and napkins: What happens to nachos when your team loses? No one knows! Just keep the dust buster handy.
- Label all cups and mugs: This helps especially if you're buying those red plastic cups and everyone has the same drink. See our easy label fix in the food idea section below.
- Buy the big industrial trash bags and leave the shoes outside: Depending on the weather, you want a clean environment, so collect the trash regularly and leave the snow, ice, and mud outside where it belongs.
- Leave out plenty of pillows and blankets: Nope, we're not sleeping over, but after the game, its time to unwind, so let your friends and family get comfy and put their feet up.
- Watch the food temps: We've included a section in the food ideas about food poisoning. Pay attention to the temps on meats, eggs, and mayo.
- Keep the bathroom fresh: With hungry crowds come long lines for the bathroom. Keep sanitizers spritzin' and refresh the bathroom after every few uses.
- Set up a room for the kids with videos and board games if they're not watching the game: This is perfect for little ones who might get bored easily. Download their favorite movies, add a few games and snacks.
- Have a hangout room for anyone not watching the game: This is ideal for grandma and anyone who might want a little quiet time. Play a movie or show and have headphones just in case your crowd is lively, run a fan for white noise, or set up a few magazines, and separate goodies.
Next up, let's turn to all that great food for your hungry crowds...
Amazing Game Day Food Ideas
Ready? Set? Eat! For football inspired food, check out the site Hungry Happenings for great football recipes like the chicken nugget helmets and footballs shown. Who knew ranch dipping sauce could be so useful. Also, try chipotle mayo and barbecue for your dipping sauces…
It’s Party Time for the Whole Tailgate Crew! Because everyone is famished on game day, be sure to have an assortment of sandwiches, spreads, chips and dips! Check out Today’s the Best Day for easy to fix tailgate food ideas!
Tip: Keep your chips airtight so they stay crunchy and put bread out just before serving so it doesn’t get hard. Keep your dips at the right temp and don’t leave the chicken out! Read how to avoid food poisoning here…
Take a few ideas from Tip Junkie. With everything from party favors to food, you'll have the best Super Bowl eats and decor!
It’s Always Nice With Icing! Use icing to make these football whoopie pies. If you don’t have time to make them from scratch, buy the whoopie pies and add the icing on top!
Get the recipe here...
Score a Touchdown with Football Pizza! Easy to prepare, just order your favorite pizza and add slices of pepperoni with mozzarella on top. If the pizza shop doesn’t add this themselves, buy your own pepperoni and cheese and heat in the oven…
Go long with Football Fruit Salad Helmets!If the stores in your area aren’t carrying watermelons (seasonal), or you don’t have time to carve one, head to a party supply store and buy small plastic football helmets that you can fill with fruit! Want to make the helmet? Check out how here…
Easy Game Day Drinks… Ever see a party where people are drinking out of the same plastic colored cups and they don’t know which drink is theirs? Give them all name tags! Use mason jars or white label tape and create your football seams. Perfect for soda, juice, iced tea, and water so your fans can stay hydrated!
Finger-Lickin Chicken... For the best hot wings ever, we turned to All Recipes for their great 5-star take on finger-lickin' hot wings. Be sure to load up for your hungry crowds and watch the temperature to keep your food safe! See top food safety tips here...
For super easy subs, make your own or you can check out a host of great ways to make custom subs for your biggest fans. We turned to the Food Network for top sub-recipes to make game day cooking a breeze. With food prep, just watch the temperatures by reading up on temperature tips here...
Next, let's look at a few cool ministry handouts and gifts you can give out before, during and after the big game...
Awesome Gifts, Freebies, and Handouts
Take God to the Big Game On the 1-yard line? Have faith and use Football Prayer Cards in your sports outreach ministry or as handouts at your party. Keep all teams and players, coaches and staff in prayer for a safe season!
Order Assorted Football Ministry Package Items With inspirational magnets, motivational prayer cards, and ministry seed cards, these gift packages are a great way to enjoy the game. Order individual items or a whole package. Gift items can include key chains, candy, magnets, seed cards, prayer cards and crosses. Priced from $1 and up, you can order for 5 or 5,000 at God-Driven-Designs.com. Shop here...
Give a Little Lift! Another great giveaway is an inspirational football magnet. Perfect for the fridge, a gym locker or tacked to a cork board. Order them here...
Don't Start the Game Without God For takeaways after the game, as you say goodbye to guests, give them each a football gift set. These include a motivational card with the Prayer of Salvation, a magnet, key chain and cologne sample…No need to go home smelling like Doritos…http://shop.pe/z0JBK
Men's Ministry Seed Cards These little gift bag inserts are a perfect way to keep men inspired and share the Prayer of Salvation. They can also carry these in their wallets and give them out to minister to others! Order your cards here...
Great Game Day Decorations
Looking to turn your living room into the football field? You can. Check out fun game day decorating ideas on Pinterest or just do a search for football living room decorations and you can shop for tons of fun - and cheap products at Party City. Also check at your local dollar store for savings, too!
However, you choose to spend your Super Bowl, praise God from whom all blessings flow!