Our Father's Day Special...
To celebrate dads, grandpas, uncles, brothers, cousins, and those that are just like a dad, we've come up with a list of the Best Father's Day gifts and ideas - from the heart. Enjoy!
Have a Fun Family Photo Shoot...
What makes this an enjoyable treat is that everyone can dress up or down and have fun taking pictures together:
- Take photos indoors and outside. Dad with his lawnmower. Dad and his new grill (hmm!).
- Have a casual look and a look with matching t-shirts on matching ball caps.
- Take turns deciding on the layout. Take a few fun pics in SnapChat and have a few just for the picture frames.
- For double the awesomeness, make a video, too!
Be sure to put your pictures up on the fridge, send to grandma, and turn them into a card to mail to everyone at Christmas!
Shop for Father's Day Gifts and Cards
Make it a Fun Homemade Gift and Take Pictures...
Have a lot of kids and grand kids? Have a fun time taking pictures for dad or grandpa:
- Find a washable marker and spell out fun words on the bottom of everyone's feet. Take different pictures and put them in a frame, on a coffee mug, or a cool t-shirt.
- This is a favorite gift especially for dads in the military who are away.
- Put the images on a custom Father's Day card for dad or grandpa. It's a special gift they'll cherish because it's from the heart!
The fun is in the time spent with family!
Hosting a Father's Day church event? Shop for Assorted Seed Cards
Give Dad the Day Off...
Want a fun way to relax together on Father's Day? Here are a few ideas:
- Schedule a grooming day for dad. Groupon and Living Social have all kinds of discounts on men's facials, a new hair cut, a beard trim, shave, and pedicure.
- Order up a few Omaha Steaks while you're at it so dad has something special for his grilling and barbecue nights.
- Take dad or grandpa to play golf or tennis, head to the driving range or hit the batting cage.
- Treat dad to bowling, Dave and Busters video games or a comedy club, and take him out for pizza, or get him an oil change and take him for all you can eat hot wings.
- Grab the fishing reels and let dad reel in the big one, or head out overnight and go camping or "glamping" if you do it in the backyard with the convenient comforts of home (like wifi).
Take plenty of pictures!
Want to encourage others? See our Men's Church and Event Cards
Make it Charitable...
An awesome way to spend time with family is to share your gifts with others:
- If your dad or grandpa is big on grooming consider volunteering lessons at a homeless shelter.
- Share your story or tell your testimony to those you encounter. Your wisdom and how God helped you get through a tough time can be very inspiring.
- Listen to others that might need a word of encouragement.
It's a great way to spend time helping others and sharing your gifts!
Having a Father's Day event? Shop for Church Event Place Cards
Make it a Surprise...
This idea inspires fun, fun, fun:
- Start out by putting the grill on and prep a few great dishes. Try a sea boil which is tons of seafood. Grill everything and make yummy brownies for dessert.
- Invite friends and family over to celebrate dad.
- Put on his favorite music or YouTube video mixes. YouTube has American Bandstand, Soul Train, the best salsa, the best country, and more!
Get to dancing to burn that dessert off!
However you spend Father's Day, make it fun and make it memorable. Praise God for the time we have with family and friends, to laugh, enjoy each other, and share our gifts!